Food Link is an umbrella organization, previously known as Chatham-Kent Hunger Coalition, whose members represent agencies, organizations and businesses, who are interested in ensuring all citizens in Chatham-Kent enjoy food security.
What is food security? Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physical and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food to meet their needs and preferences for an active and healthy life.
The following committees are actively seeking ways to educate the community and to assist citizens to meet their basic food needs:
- Buy Local! Buy Fresh!
- Community Cooking Clubs
- Community Gardens
- Food Banks
- Meals on Wheels
- Student Nutrition Programs
Food Link acts as the food security committee for the Chatham-Kent Prosperity Roundtable and is also a partner with the CK Food Policy Council
Mission: Food Link Chatham-Kent is a group of community members who collaborate on increasing awareness, advocate, educate and provide networking opportunities on issues related to food security
Vision: All citizens in Chatham-Kent have access to safe, nutritious, affordable and personally acceptable food.
Values: Food Link Chatham-Kent values:
- The right of citizens to have access to safe, nutritious, affordable and personally acceptable food, in a manner that maintains human dignity.
- Working collectively and collaboratively in Chatham-Kent to support food security, while empowering citizens to become self-sufficient.
Food Link Chatham-Kent Partners
- AIDS Support CK
- Building Healthy Babies
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Chatham-Kent Children’s Services
- Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres
- Chatham–Kent Public Health Unit
- Chatham-Kent Student Nutrition Program
- Chatham-Kent Women’s Centre
- Chatham Outreach for Hunger
- Children’s and Social Services /Ontario Works Program
- Kent Federation of Agriculture
- Meals on Wheels/St. Andrew’s Residence
- Our Faith Communities
- The Salvation Army
- Tilbury Information & H.E.L.P. Centre
- United Way of Chatham-Kent
- Chatham-Kent Prosperity Roundtable
- General Community Members
If you are interested in being part of a workgroup or joining Food Link Chatham-Kent, please contact Lyndsay Davidson at 519-352-7270 ext 2478