Food Skills Training Opportunities
- The Food Skills Network’s mission is to assist individuals and organizations within Chatham-Kent to develop food skills by providing training, tools, resources and networking.
- Examples of training opportunities we hope to bring to CK include gardening workshops, cooking demos, composting workshops, and canning & preserving workshops.
- If you have a topic or guest speaker you’d like to recommend we explore, please contact us at
- To find a food-related training opportunity happening in CK please visit the Events
Cooking Class Resources
- We have solicited food skills resources from various Registered Dietitians and Public Health Units to assist you in preparing your food skills program specific for your target population.
- Feed Your Mind (target population: children aged 2-6 & their parent/caregiver) – contact Sylvia Blay at firstname.lastname@example.org for resources or more information
- You’re The Chef (target population: youth ages 10 and up) cookbook – Niagara Region Public Health (note – to run this program you must complete a full workshop. Contact the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit at 519-352-7270 for more information).
- Cook Up Some Fun! (target population: children) from York Region Public Health and cookbook
- Cooking Up Some Fun (target population: under 6 years of age) – Region of Peel Public Health
- Cook It Up (target population: adults) – London Community Resource Centre
- 6 x 16 Cooking Program (target population: youth 11 – 16 years) from the Ontario Farmers Association
- I Love to Cook and Play from Ottawa Public Health