The purpose of the Chatham-Kent Food Policy Council is to lead in the development of relevant policies and to advocate for our local food system.
Chatham-Kent is a healthy community with a vibrant, local food system where the healthy choice is the easy choice.
- Food Production and distribution is done in a SUSTAINABLE manner.
- People have a RIGHT TO KNOW what is in their food and where and how it was produced.
- All people should have physical and economic ACCESS to healthy, culturally diverse, local food.
- Local food businesses should be valued and supported to promote ECONOMIC VIABILITY.
- All share in the responsibility for ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP of the local food system.