Food Policy Council Applications are still open! Please see below for current vacancies.
The Chatham-Kent Food Policy Council is looking for volunteers from staff of community organizations and community members who have an interest in any sector of Chatham-Kent’s food system and would like to be a part of this council. The Chatham-Kent Food Policy Council is an official group under the Board of Health for the Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit.
- Member lives or works in, or serves the Municipality of Chatham-Kent and is 18 years of age or older
- If you are a staff member of a community organization and believe one of your clients would be interested in the council, please forward this opportunity to them.
- If you were previously on the council and are still interested in being involved, please follow the same application process.
- The council will meet a minimum of five times per year.
We are recruiting representatives for the following positions:
- Emergency Food Providers
- Youth and Immigration
- Grocer/Restaurant/Food Processing/Food Distribution/Institutional Purchasing
- General Community Members
If you feel that your organization/sector is not represented in the above list but plays an important role in the food system, please contact us and we can consider your involvement.
- Please complete the attached Food Policy Council Application form. Submission instructions are at the bottom of the application form.
- Interested in applying and have questions, or need help filling out this application form? Please contact us:
Sharmini Balakrishnan, Public Health Nutritionist – Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit