Our First Meeting!
The first Core Working Group meeting was held June 26th, 2019.
At the meeting we had a chance to:
• Review the history of decisions, consultations and food activities that have happened to date.
• Understand the need and purpose of a CK Food Strategy.
• Create a common understanding of a Food Systems Approach.
• Learn about what is happening within the CK Food System.
• Do a group activity to identify the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities within the current CK food system.
We look forward to our next meeting where these discussions will continue on July 17th! Please stay tuned!
Our Second Meeting!
The second Core Working Group meeting was held July 17th, 2019.
At this meeting we had a chance to:
• Review the various levels of stakeholder engagement in the development of the CK Food Strategy.
• Begin the development of the mission, vision and values for the CK Food Strategy.
• Learn about other Municipalities food system strategies and what they are doing.
• Review the different types of communication that will be utilized in the development of the CK Food Strategy.
Our next meeting will be on September 25th and we will begin to look at developing the community consultation process. We will also start to identify what the recommendations and actions should be around our local food system.